Friday, October 15, 2010

Day 2: Getting Your Bearings

When I go outside, I get very nervous. It's too easy to get lost and visibility is poor with all the snow. I've built a few large stone structures as landmarks so that I might spot them from a distance to find my way home. The deeper I dig, the more interesting things get. Claustrophobia is something I struggle with as I plumb the depths. I make some of the corridors wider to deal with this. After digging deeper still, I found an underground stream. I followed it and it lead me to the outside! I put a door down and some torches outside so that I might be able to find this entrance more easily.

From here, things get a little hazy. I remember digging down quite deeply and finding a magma flow, silver ore, some crazy green cubes jumping around, and red rocks. Red rocks can only be mined with a silver pick-ax. Thankfully I had found enough silver to make one. Somewhere along the way I discovered how to use a forge. I created some smooth stone from regular stone and created some silver bars from the ore I've collected. This lava area is very exciting! I put a forge and another work bench right next to the lava. I'm going to do some experiments in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment