Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 10: Mastering Fire and Water

After nearly dying to a rogue skeleton at Wasserheim, I decided to secure the place so that it would be baddie proof. After a long series of experiments, I determined that there is no simple way to have automatic double doors; most unfortunate. It looks like one of the doors sends a charge when it closes, which keeps the other door open... weird. Nevertheless, Wasserheim is now equipped with a glass ceiling and automatic doors at every second except the dock.

With my fancy new bucket in tow, I started work on a water slide which will lead from Einheim to Wasserheim. Should be a fun and quick boat ride!

Not sure if I mentioned my new leisure room that I built at the top of the grand staircase in Dunkelheim, but Now that is secured with doors on either side and contains a lovely, over sized painting of Donkey Kong.

Continuing the grand staircase, I heard an entire choir of moaning zombies. Nervously I dug in all directions until a dark hole was formed in the absence of rock. The groaning grew louder. Slowly and fearfully I tip toed forward. In a few moments a zombie popped out of the darkness, but was quickly dispatched. I planted of few torches on the wall when a glitter of pale blue hit my eye. At long last, diamond lay on the floor in front of me. Unsurprisingly, the other zombies in the room depleted almost all my armor and dealt nearly fatal damage. In a moment of decisiveness, I dispatched the last one I could see and began harvest diamond. Knock knock knock, POP! Beneath this cube of ore was another one! And then one more! I was so excited and ran up the staircase as fast as I could, thought Dunkelheim, and then up the long ladder to Einheim. There I crafted the long awaited diamond pick ax. With the left over material, I crafted a diamond shovel as well. I can not understand how fantastically wonderful diamond tools are to work with; quick, durable, and compact! With some curiosity in my heart, I took the long ladder down in to the deep magma chambers and began working on the dark purple blocks, which I believe to be obsidian. Before I left, I grabbed a heaping bucket full of magma. This buckets sure is strong

With relief in my heart, I went about overhauling Einheim. Within the main entrance, there now sits a large picture of a skull and lined it with torches. There is now a much straighter staircase directly ahead of the front door than the crazy, semi natural one that was there prior. The front area feels like a farm now. Every morning, I slaughter cows and chickens that get stuck in the brand new moat and harvest a hefty yield of wheat. Following yesterday's inspiration, I made some flint and steel. For a while I had been getting tired of the permanent shade outside my front door, so I lit the tree on fire. Surprisingly, I felt a pang of regret as it and several of the other surrounding trees went up in flames. For some strange reason, wood burns forever and just floats around. I left the flaming wood there as a beacon for distant spotting and a grim reminder of the woodland paradise I destroyed.

Equipped with my new found fire mastery, I fashioned a stone fireplace in the corner of Einheim's main chamber. It's nice to have a bright light and a crackling fire; the place feels cozier. Not wanting to settle for the mundane, I added a well on either side of the fireplace. One filled with water, the other with magma. Honestly, I feel a little nervous about having such a dangerous force in the heart of my most important supply point. On the other hand, it is comforting to know that I am capable of so masterfully shaping my domain and controlling such terrible power.

1 comment: